Getting into the world of business is a meticulous task, but so is getting out of it Whether you’ve just hit the ground running on your business or if you’ve been at it for a long time, there is no better time to plan your exit strategy than now.
About Alto, Chang and Associates Financial Management
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that Alto, Chang and Associates Financial Management contributed 96 entries already.
Entries by Alto, Chang and Associates Financial Management
An estate freeze can be an integral part of your estate planning strategy. The purpose of an estate freeze is to transfer any future increase in your business’s value (generally shares) that you own to someone else.
You most likely do, but the more important question is, What kind? Whether you’re a young professional starting out, a devoted parent or a successful CEO, securing a life insurance policy is probably one of the most important decisions you will have to make in your adult life. Most people would agree that having financial safety nets in place is a good way to make sure that your loved ones will be taken care of when you pass away. Insurance can also help support your financial obligations and even take care of your estate liabilities.
On April 20, 2021, the B.C. Minister of Finance announced the 2021 budget. We have highlighted the most important things you need to know, including:
• Changes in the requirement to repay the B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers
• Home Owner Grant threshold change
• PST exemption for electric bikes
• Elimination of PST rebate for certain vehicle sales
• Delay in the carbon tax increase
• Tobacco tax increases
• Changes to the speculation and vacancy tax
On April 19, 2021, the Federal Government released their 2021 budget. Our article contains highlights of the various financial measures in this budget, divided into three different sections:
• Business Highlights, including an extension to COVID-19 Emergency Business Supports, new programs to support job creation, and a change in interest deductibility limits.
• Individual Highlights, including details on the tax treatment and repayment of personal COVID-19 benefits (such as CERB), eligibility changes to the Disability Tax Credit, an increase in OAS for those 75 and up, and support for job skills retraining.
• Additional Highlights, including a proposed federal minimum wage of $15, changes to the GST New Housing Rebate conditions, and new or increased taxes in areas such as luxury goods, tobacco, and Canadian housing owned by non-resident foreign owners.
Tax season is upon us once again. But since 2020 was a year like no other, the 2021 tax-filing season will also be different. Due to all the changes in both where and how Canadians worked, the Canadian government has introduced some new tax credits and deductions to keep pace with these changes. Our article covers all of the following:
• How to claim home office expenses
• The new Canada Training Credit
• Pandemic emergency funds
• New digital news subscription tax credit
While it’s great to have group coverage from your employer or association, in most cases, people don’t understand the that there are important differences when it comes to group life insurance vs. self owned life insurance.
On Friday, February 19, 2021, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an extension to:
– Canada Recovery Benefit
– Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit
– Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit
– Employment Insurance
Great news for some ineligible self-employed Canadians who received the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Both TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles for your clients. We’ve put together an article to help your clients easily understand the differences between them – with one section focussing on differences in deposits and one focussing on differences in withdrawals.
The deposit section focuses on:
• How much contribution room is available each year
• How carry forward works for TFSAs and RRSPs
• Tax deductibility of contributions
• Tax treatment of growth
The withdrawal section focusses on:
• Conversion requirements
• Tax treatment of withdrawals
• Impact of withdrawals on government benefits
• Impact of withdrawals on contribution room
ACA Financial is an independent financial advisory firm founded on the principle of client-focused advice. Our approach, listening and understanding our clients' unique needs. The result, a clear and mutual understanding and the foundation for all planning considerations. We are committed to demonstrating value by delivering on each client's need for growth, safety, liquidity and cash flow.
LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED BY ACA FINANCIAL. LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH DESJARDINS FINANCIAL SECURITY INVESTMENTS INC. (DFS INVESTMENTS) NOR ARE THE INSURANCE PLANS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE AND/OR OFFERED SUPERVISED OR REVIEWED BY DFS INVESTMENTS. DFS INVESTMENTS IS THE MUTUAL FUND DEALER THROUGH WHICH MUTUAL FUND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED.