Working with a professional to help you to make sense of your finances can be a wise move, but for this relationship to work effectively it is important that you understand what to expect from your financial advisor.
What can your financial advisor help you with?
- Defining your financial goals and creating a step by step plan or strategy to achieve them.
- Planning for the future, including for retirement, future education or housing needs.
- Choosing the mix of investments and assets that suit your goals, lifestyle, time horizon and appetite for risk.
- Building a solid estate for your family to inherit in the future.
- Choosing the most tax-efficient methods of saving and investing.
What should your financial advisor inform you of?
- The range of services that they offer and how much and by which method you will compensate them.
- Your mutual responsibilities and obligations towards each other.
- What the planning process will look like and the documents that they will provide you with.
What will your financial advisor need from you or need to ask you about?
- What your financial goals are.
- What your personal circumstances – such as your marital status, any dependents, your job, earnings and tax situation.
- Any investments or assets that you currently have – such as registered accounts, workplace pensions, property etc.
- Your appetite for risk and investment preferences.
- Information on your income and also your outgoings, including debts such as mortgages, loans or credit cards.
- Whether or not you have a will, and its contents.
- Your estate and inheritance planning situation.
If you’re looking to achieve your financial goals, talk to us. We can help.
- 2023 Personal Year-End Tax TipsDecember 4, 2023 - 10:48 am
- 2023 Year-End Tax Tips and Strategies for Business OwnersDecember 4, 2023 - 10:48 am
- The Health Spending Account for Business Owners and Incorporated ProfessionalsNovember 1, 2023 - 6:00 am
- Protecting Key Talent using Group BenefitsOctober 4, 2023 - 6:00 am
- Understanding Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs) in CanadaSeptember 1, 2023 - 6:00 am
ACA Financial is an independent financial advisory firm founded on the principle of client-focused advice. Our approach, listening and understanding our clients' unique needs. The result, a clear and mutual understanding and the foundation for all planning considerations. We are committed to demonstrating value by delivering on each client's need for growth, safety, liquidity and cash flow.
LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED BY ACA FINANCIAL. LIFE AND HEALTH INSURANCE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH DESJARDINS FINANCIAL SECURITY INVESTMENTS INC. (DFS INVESTMENTS) NOR ARE THE INSURANCE PLANS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE AND/OR OFFERED SUPERVISED OR REVIEWED BY DFS INVESTMENTS. DFS INVESTMENTS IS THE MUTUAL FUND DEALER THROUGH WHICH MUTUAL FUND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED.